Skip links and keyboard navigation

Farming in Reef Catchments Rebate Scheme

If you are a commercial sugarcane grower, banana grower or beef cattle producer in a Great Barrier Reef region, you may be eligible to claim the Farming in Reef Catchments Rebate.

To claim the rebate, you need to have sought professional advice from an Accredited Agricultural Adviser (AAA) for managing nutrient and sediment run-off on your primary production enterprise.

Up to $1,000 reimbursement is available to eligible primary producers to cover the costs of having sought this professional advice.


To be eligible for a rebate, you must:

For more information about the eligibility criteria, please refer to the guidelines .

How to find an Accredited Agricultural Adviser

Please click here to access the list of Accredited Agricultural Advisers (AAA). You can search the list by both region and industry.

AAAs are qualified and experienced professionals and undergo a rigorous assessment and application process managed QRIDA. This is to ensure the agronomic advice provided to primary producers is compliant with environmentally relevant activity (ERA) standards for the sugarcane, banana and beef cattle industries created in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act 1994.

To find out more about the AAAs, or if you are interested in becoming an AAA, read more here.

How to claim the rebate

To claim the rebate, you first need to complete the Farming in Reef Catchments Rebate Claim Form and attach the following:

  • a copy of the eligible professional advice;
  • a tax invoice and a document showing full payment for the eligible professional advice;
  • a disclaimer from an AAA stating the eligible professional advice has been provided in line with Information for Accredited Agricultural Adviser Program Applicants for the purposes of seeking a rebate under the Farming in Reef Catchments Rebate Scheme.

The completed rebate claim form and supporting documents should then be either:

  1. submitted via QRIDA’s online portal at; or
  2. where required, a paper-based application can be sent to the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) via:


Fax: (07) 3032 0300

Mail: GPO Box 211, Brisbane Queensland 4001

Need help or have questions?

For more information or assistance with your claim, please review the frequently asked questions or contact QRIDA:

Freecall: 1800 623 946

Last updated
16 December 2019