Frequently asked questions

QRIDA has developed a wide range of frequently asked questions to help you find the answer you need. View them here.


View FAQS for QRIDA programs and services here.

  • No, if you cease to operate the business that received the COVID-19 Jobs Support Loan, you are unable to maintain your loan. Please contact QRIDA to discuss your situation and proposal before you make any decisions. Email your Portfolio Manager on

  • Yes, both taxi service licence holders and lessees may be eligible under this scheme. However, only one allocation of funding to replace the vehicle will be approved per licence.

  • No, you will only need to have made a payment in full for the invoice relevant to your application.

  • Yes, if you are relocating your business to a new address you will need to advise QRIDA of this change. Please complete a change of contact details form and email to

  • QRIDA holds a General Security Agreement against your business on the Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) if your initial loan balance was more than $100,000. To discuss the partial release of an asset from the QRIDA security, please email and a member of the QRIDA team will be in touch to discuss.

  • If you are struggling to make the repayments on your loan, please contact QRIDA to discuss your specific situation and circumstances. QRIDA will then review your loan account and business in order to assist you. To commence this discussion, please complete a financial hardship form and email to

  • No, only the permanent holder of a licence can make a claim. 

  • Yes, assistance may be available for these costs as long as they were incurred (invoiced and receipted), after the disaster event commenced.

  • Exceptional Disaster Assistance Loans, Disaster Assistance Loans or Extraordinary Bushfire Assistance Loans are available to the primary production business entity and not to each farm making up the business.

  • The primary production business must generate the majority of your income, unless you can demonstrate the production potential of the business to eventually derive the majority of your income.

    An example of the production potential of the business - you have planted a commercial size fruit orchard that is still maturing which will eventually provide the majority of your income.

  • QRIDA will contact you via telephone, email, SMS or post. Should you be concerned about whether contact you have received is genuine, please contact QRIDA on Freecall 1800 623 946 and ask to speak with your Portfolio Manager.

  • To change your direct debit details for your QRIDA loan, please complete the direct debit amendment form and the change will be processed by QRIDA.

  • No, if you cease to operate your business you will need to arrange for the repayment or refinance of your COVID-19 Job Support Loan. Please contact your Portfolio Manager on to discuss your situation prior to making any decisions.

  • Yes. However, you must be operating separate primary production enterprise under separate Australian Business Numbers (ABN). You must have paid for and received separate advice from an eligible professional for each commercial agricultural property. 

  • In the absence of photographic evidence you may still apply and provide quotes or tax invoices that can be identified as related to the Queensland Bushfires, September - December 2019. If further evidence is required, QRIDA will make contact to discuss your circumstances. Photographs taken using a smartphone are generally eligible. 

  • Yes, you can. If eligible for the grant, you will be given conditional approval by QRIDA. This approval would be subject to you arranging your co-contribution to the equivalent amount.

  • Yes. If eligible for the grant, you will be given conditional approval by QRIDA. This approval would be subject to you arranging your co-contribution to the equivalent amount.

  • To be eligible to provide eligible advice as an approved adviser, the Land Restoration Fund Knowledge Centre training must be completed.  

  • Yes, you may be eligible for reimbursement of costs associated with purchasing and modifying a  WAT if  the new vehicle began providing a taxi service on or after 1 July 2019 and you meet one of the eligibility criteria.

  • If it has not been possible to grow horticultural crops because your water allocation has been temporarily traded you would not be eligible for a rebate on your water allocation charges.

    However, if you retained some allocation and grew horticultural crops you would be eligible for a rebate on both the water allocation charges retained and any water usage charges associated with horticulture production.

  • Yes. If you operate a primary production business under a single ABN on separate businesses in different locations, you can apply for assistance up to $75,000 for each eligible business.

    You will be required to submit evidence to verify the viability and autonomy of the separate businesses and submit an application form for each business, detailing the disaster damage sustained by that business.

  • You do not need to submit separate applications if your allocations are held under the same customer number.

  • Yes. You will need to provide evidence to demonstrate that you usually grow horticulture if announced allocations are sufficient to do so.

  • Yes. The application in the QRIDA portal will guide you on how to do this.

Last updated: 31 January 2023