QRIDA drought support
Drought assistance in Queensland has been broadened and is open to eligible primary producers across all agricultural sectors, to better manage future droughts without needing a drought declaration.
QRIDA is delivering the drought grants and loans with the new drought programs focused on fostering greater preparedness and business resilience for a broader range of eligible Queensland primary producers.
These measures will be available in any year, regardless of drought status. Select any of the QRIDA drought grant or loan programs below to read more, including eligibility and how to apply.
About the Drought Programs
The drought program reforms are the Queensland Government’s response to the Queensland Drought Program Review and will also deliver Queensland’s obligations under the National Drought Agreement.
These Queensland Drought Assistance Programs are delivered through QRIDA and are funded by the Queensland Government. The Farm Business Resilience Program and the Farm Management Grants are jointly funded through the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund and the Queensland Government.
Restructure your farm debt
Tackle farm debt head on with QRIDA’s Farm Business Analysis Assistance program. The free, no obligation program aims to get primary producers and financers back around the table to identify financial problems, rethink strategies and come up with options and recommendations to resolve underlying debt issues including debt restructure.
QRIDA Sustainability Loan
A QRIDA Sustainability Loan may be used as the co-contribution to the Drought Preparedness Grant for implementation activities and may help you to mitigate the impact of drought by improving the water and feed infrastructure of your primary production enterprise. Learn what property developments you can carry out to reduce the impact of drought on your farming business be getting in touch below.
Already a QRIDA client and need help?
If you’re struggling to meet your repayments due to the effects of drought, contact QRIDA to find out how we can help you alleviate financial pressure. Every farm business is different, so we assess you on your situation to find a tailored solution.
Your health and wellbeing
Need to talk? Take care of your health and wellbeing by contacting one of the many support networks available for people in rural and remote areas:
- Primary Health Network
- Royal Flying Doctor Service mental health clinicians - For 24 hour medical and emergency help in South Australia call 1800 RFDS SA or 1800 733 772.
- Head to Health - free or low-cost Australian digital mental health services.
- ReachOUT is a website-based mental health service for young people.
- Lifeline, 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services - Call 131 114.
- MensLine Australia - information and referral service for men with family and relationship concerns. Call 1300 78 99 78.
- Suicide Call Back Service - 24/7 telephone and online counselling. Call 1300 659 467
- Rural Aid - counselling support to the farm gate or chat directly via 1300 175 594.