If you’re struggling to meet your repayments due the effects of drought, contact QRIDA to find out how we can help you to alleviate financial pressure. Every farm business is different and so we assess you on your individual situation to find a tailored solution for you.
Mitigate the impacts of drought
QRIDA’s Sustainability Loan can help you mitigate the impact of drought by improving the water and feed infrastructure of your primary production enterprise. Get in touch with your local Regional Area Manager to find out what property developments you can carry out to reduce the impact of drought on your farming business.
Refinance your farm debt with the Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) who administer concessional loans of up to $2 million to help primary producers manage or recover from the effects of drought. For more information about the loans and eligibility requirements, contact the RIC on 1800 875 675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restructure your farm debt
Tackle farm debt head on with QRIDA’s Farm Business Analysis Assistance program. This free, no obligation program aims to get primary producers and financers back around the table to identify financial problems, rethink strategies and come up with options and recommendations to resolve underlying debt issues including debt restructure.
Other drought assistance
Visit the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) to find a full list of programs available to help farming families, farming businesses and farming communities affected by drought.
Health and wellbeing
Need to talk? Take care of your health and wellbeing by contacting one of the many support networks available for people in rural and remote areas:
- Primary Health Network
- Royal Flying Doctor Service mental health clinicians - For 24 hour medical and emergency help in South Australia call 1800 RFDS SA or 1800 733 772.
- Head to Health - free or low-cost Australian digital mental health services.
- ReachOUT is a website-based mental health service for young people.
- Lifeline, 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services - Call 131 114.
- MensLine Australia - information and referral service for men with family and relationship concerns. 1300 78 99 78.
- Suicide Call Back Service - 24/7 telephone and online counselling. Call 1300 659 467.