Approved Advisers under the Carbon Farming Advice Rebate Program approves professional advisers who can assist land holders with carbon farming and LRF advice.
The LRF currently has an open investment round, and is encouraging landholders to speak to Approved Advisers to assess whether carbon farming is suitable for their land and business.
Approved Advisers provide advice within their area of expertise tailored to each land holder’s specific circumstances and property.
The Approved Adviser Program aims to create a network of experienced advisers throughout Queensland.
Approved Advisers may be able to assist land holders with information about:
- the opportunities and implications of undertaking a carbon farming project
- the underpinning regulatory framework and approved methods of generating carbon credits in Australia
- the LRF and its relationship with carbon farming including co-benefits
- how to access and interpret site specific information including:
- land tenure restrictions and requirements
- obligations for commitment of land in both area and time
- application of potential methods
- potential co-benefits
- legal and financial considerations of undertaking a carbon farming project including an indicative cost benefit analysis that could influence a land holder’s decision to lodge an application for the LRF.