Skip links and keyboard navigation

Frequently asked questions

Do I need to receive my advice from an Approved Adviser to receive funding under the Carbon Farming Advice Rebate Program?

Yes. To claim a rebate, the advice must be provided by an Approved Adviser listed on the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority’s (QRIDA) website when your claim is submitted.

What does my advice need to include?

The content of the eligible advice is outlined Appendix 1 of the Carbon Farming Advice Rebate Program Guidelines.

Is the rebate also available to cover the costs of implementing the advice?

No. Rebates are only available to help offset the cost of seeking advice about undertaking a carbon farming project on your land. Rebates are not provided for implementing the actions provided in the advice.

Can I apply for multiple rebates on different blocks of land?

An applicant may only receive one rebate per entity (based on ABN) for advice under the program.

Can I receive advice from multiple approved advisers up to the maximum rebate amount?

Yes. The advice you receive must come from at least one Approved Adviser listed on QRIDA’s website.

Are organisations working with landholders to develop plans for carbon farming projects potentially eligible to receive a rebate?

Yes. Eligible organisations seeking advice on behalf of land holders may be eligible for a rebate. Organisations seeking to apply on this basis must obtain the written consent of the land holder.

Can my company/organisation apply to be an Approved Advisor?

No. The program has been structured and criteria has been established to assess the skills, qualification and experience of individuals to give advice and confirm them as Approved Advisors, not a company or organisation.

What are the tax implications for rebates received under the scheme?

Questions concerning your personal taxation circumstances should be directed to your taxation adviser or the Australian Taxation Office on 13 72 86.

Is the GST amount shown on invoices included in assistance calculations?

If you are registered for GST, the rebate will be calculated on the invoice amount excluding GST.

If you are not registered for GST, the assistance will be calculated on the invoice amount including GST.

If you are GST registered, you may be eligible to claim the GST component as part of your normal Business Activity Statement (BAS) submissions.

What options do I have if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my claim?

If you would like to discuss a claim or appeal a decision, you can call QRIDA on Freecall 1800 623 946 or email

Has your question been answered?

If you require further assistance, please contact QRIDA on:

Phone: Freecall 1800 623 946
Post:   GPO Box 211, Brisbane, QLD, 4001

Last updated
11 February 2020